Where we are
Sonaar Haveli is located less than half a kilometre from Jaisalmer city centre and the Sonar fort. Being a hotel close to the centre you can walk or take a short camel ride into town.
Distance in Kilometres from Sonaar Haveli to:
- Sonaar Qila (Fort) 1Km (2 mins drive)
- Jaisalmer City Centre .5Km (2 mins drive)
- Jaisalmer Railway Station 2Km
- Gadisar Lake 1Km
- Sam sand dunes 45Km (1 Hour drive)
- Kuldhara 17Km (30 mins drive)
How to get to Jaisalmer
- Jodhpur 285Km (5 Hrs drive)
- Bikaner 325Km (5 Hrs drive)
- Ajmer & Pushkar 450Km
- Jaipur 650 Km (10 Hrs drive) (Recommended you use the overnight train or if you are driving break the journey in Bikaner or Jodhpur)
Although there are no flights to Jaisalmer, visiting Jaisalmer, is easy by driving down from Jodhpur. Jodhpur is well connected by air to New Delhi and Mumbai.
Driving to Jaisalmer:
- Bikaner to Jaisalmer (Duration: 5.5 hours drive) or
- Jodhpur to Jaisalmer (Duration: 5 hours drive)
The drive to Jaisalmer is very scenic with the desert landscape on both sides and herds of goats and sheep crossing your path as you come closer to the Golden City.
You can reach Jaisalmer by an overnight train from Jaipur.